Teams from six schools across the country participated in the PriSim Agency Management Competition in February. The objective of the competition was to run every aspect of a property casualty insurance agency, which included hiring and managing the workforce, training, lead generation, carrier relations, advertising and servicing, and business segment targeting/sales strategies. The FSU Team, comprised of Nicholas Frees (liaison), William (Chase) Bowman, Richard Truax, and Andre Waterhouse, placed third. Sam Rogers of Rogers, Gunter, and Vaughn, was the team’s mentor; Dr. Cassandra Cole and Dr. Charles Nyce were the academic advisors.
Ensuring the Future
The Center for Risk Management Education and Research (CRMER) promotes the goals of the Dr. William T. Hold/The National Alliance program in Risk Management and Insurance through the exchange of information related to risk management and insurance across the risk management and insurance community. The primary goals of the Center are:
- To provide high quality educational and professional development experiences for students.
- To produce informative events and activities for Center stakeholders and the general public.
- To support faculty, including the production of high-quality research.
- To increase the visibility of the RMI Program.
- To improve the financial strength of the Center so that it can better support its activities.
The Center is headed by Lynne McChristian, Executive Director and Risk Management and Insurance Faculty.